SERC Research Council member and Researcher; Professor and Department Chair
Email Address: email@example.com
Dr. Collopy is a Research Council member and Researcher at SERC. He was appointed Professor and Chair of the Industrial and Systems Engineering and Engineering Management Department at UAH in 2013. In addition to his work in academia, his career background includes leadership roles with the National Science Foundation and the Value-Driven Design Institute, and engineering positions with Procter & Gamble, Morton Thiokol, and GE Aircraft Engines.
Dr. Collopy is credited as the original developer of economic-based technology value models, and served as the lead advisor to the DARPA System F6 program for its Value-Centric Design for Adaptability technology pillar. Co-inventor on two patents and author of more than forty papers, Dr. Collopy speaks around the world about the design of large complex systems. He has been licensed as a professional engineer since 1981.
Dr. Collopy served as Technical Program Chair of the 14th Conference on Systems Engineering Research, which was hosted by the UAH Industrial & Systems Engineering and Engineering Management department in March 2016.
- Technical Report: RT-114: Strategic Planning for Science and Technology Portfolio
- Conference Presentation, SSRR 2014 : Strategic Planning and Science and Technology(S&T) Portfolio Developmemt
- Conference Presentation, ASRR 2010: Valuing Flexibility
- Poster: SSRR 2017: RT 182: Enterprise Systems-of-Systems Model for Digital Thread Enabled Acquisition
- Workshop Report: Managing Acquisition and Program Risk
- Research Transition Report 2017