ORGANIZATION TYPE: Industry
ORGANIZATION NAME: Tesla
JOB POSITION: Industrial Engineer
LOCATION: Buffalo, NY
APPLICATION: Please click here to apply directly for this position
Tesla is currently seeking a motivated and accomplished Industrial Engineer who will be the subject matter expert in leading continuous improvement projects for the Solar Roof manufacturing operations at Gigafactory II in Buffalo, NY.
Display a positive attitude and practice strong work ethics that reflects the mission, philosophy and goals of Tesla.
Work with teams designing production lines for the factory to ensure their layouts and data align with the overall plan and vision for the factory.
Develop and deploy a framework of continuous improvement utilizing lean principles by performing value-stream analysis simulations.
Reduce scrap, rework, and cycle times.
Work with engineering and operation teams to identify production bottlenecks.
Collaborate with various engineering teams to determine overall equipment effectiveness and associated improvement strategies.
Gain buy in from a diverse group of stakeholders utilizing data.
Drive other projects as needed by management or as business needs change.
- BS or MS Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineer, Manufacturing Engineering and/or equivalent experience.
- Evidence of exceptional ability.
- Extensive experience with leading continuous improvement and operational excellence projects in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience as part of a project team prioritizing multiple continuous improvement projects.
- Demonstrate detailed analysis experience necessary to make data driven decisions on process layout design, production line design or warehouse design.
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with AutoCAD, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems is a plus.